|Equipment Inspection Program||PM Program||OSHA Compliance Inspection|
|Reduced, Unplanned Downtime||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Extended Equipment Life||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Increased Die Life||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OEM Certified Inspections Reports
Covering More Than 100 Items
|Work Performed by Continually
Trained Stamping Technicians
|Ability to Develop Trends & Proactively Predict & Plan Repair Work||Yes||Yes|
|Periodic Maintenance Items (such as oil changes) Performed on a Regularly Scheduled Basis||Yes|
|Warranty on Service Work||90 Days||1 Year||
|Warranty on Minster Manufactured Repair Parts||90 Days||1 Year|
|Consolidated Spare Parts Lists||Optional||Yes|
|Special Service Prices||Yes||Yes|
|Special Parts Prices||Yes|
|30-Point Inspection of the Press Controls||Yes|
|Stop Time Checks using a Portable Stop Time Device||Yes|
|Assessment of Press Safeguarding||Yes|
|Verification of Die Setting and Lockout Procedures||Yes|
|Summarized List of Recommended Actions to Obtain Compliance||Yes|
|Documentation of the Inspection Results||Yes|
- OEM Certified Inspection Reports and Maintenance Records
- Increased Productivity and Equipment Reliability
- Available for ALL Brands of Equipment
The Minster Equipment Inspection program provides a thorough inspection of the identified presses and material handling equipment that includes more than 100 individual checks performed by Minster-Trained technicians, including:
- Checking and adjusting press to assure it is level.
- Checking and setting gibs.
- Checking and adjusting clutch and brake clearance.
- Checking and setting lube pump bypass pressure.
- Checking condition of lube lines.
- Checking and tightening drive belts.
- Checking functionality of the press control.
- Checking bearing clearances.
- Checking slide parallelism.
- Checking condition of slide adjustment mechanism.
- Checking gear backlash and condition.
- Checking counterbalance condition.
- Checking press stopping time.
- Checking flywheel brake condition.
The Equipment Inspection program also provides a thorough inspection of the identified presses and material handling equipment, and includes a comprehensive OEM Certified Maintenance Report Documenting:
Inspection results comparing the state of the equipment prior to adjustments to the state after adjustments and to the equipment specifications.
Recommendations For Repairs That Should be Performed Immediately
Written recommendations for any equipment repairs deemed necessary now, and an explanation of why they are being recommended, (i.e., minimize unplanned downtime, safety issues, etc.).
Recommendations For Repairs That Should be Planned for the Future
Narrative that will highlight any trends that can be depicted based upon the history of the machine as seen in previous inspections and as compared to the expected performance of this type of machine.
Semi-Annual Preventive Maintenance
Minster's Preventive Maintenance Program is designed to increase the relaibility and performance of your metal forming equipment, and provide you with confidence that your equipment will perform when and as required.
The program is based on semi-annual PM visits performed by continuously trained stamping equipment technicians. During each visit, the technician will perform a 100-point Equipment Inspection, and perform standard maintenance and make minor adjustments as required.
Based upon an inspection, a comprehensive OEM certified maintenance report will be prepared and delivered. This report will document:
- Equipment's current condition.
- Recommendations for any repairs that should be performed immediately.
- Recommendations for repairs that should be planned in the future.
- Trends in the wear of parts and utilize these for future repair recommendations.
- Each subsequent report references the readings and measurements taken on previous reports to provide trends in regard to part wear and other concerns.
- These reports provide an ongoing history that can be utilized as part of your process control programs. In addition, these reports provide a basis for you to obtain maximum resale value should you ever decide to sell your equipment.
Unequaled, One-Year Parts & Service Warranty
- A quality PM program will extend the life of your equipment. As a result, for equipment in Minster's PM program, Minster is able to extend our standard parts and service warranty to one full year for all service work performed by Minster, and for all Minster manufactured parts installed by Minster.
- One of the keys to a PM program is planning and scheduling. In addition to reducing unplanned downtime, the planning and scheduling involved in PM programs provides Minster with better utilization of its service team. This, in turn, results in reduced service rates and discounted replacement part pricing for our customers. The combination of these savings along with reduced downtime and extended equipment life provide you with an unparalleled value.
OSHA Compliance Inspection Program
Minster's press safety audit consists of a two-page comprehensive OSHA 1910.217 checklist. The checklist includes:
- Functional and Operational Checks
- Critical Component Verifications
- Stop Time Checks (Using a Portable Stop Time Device)
- Safety Distance Verifications
- Review of Applied Safeguarding Means
- Verification of Die Setting and Lockout/Tagout Devices and Procedures
It takes about one hour per press to complete this audit. After the audit is completed an Excel spreadsheet is generated along with a summary letter. Digital photos taken during the audit are included in the final report. The photos are helpful to identify possible problem areas. This is done at $195/hour plus travel time and cost. The reports are included in this rate. Travel time is $90/hour.
It does not include mechanical clearance checks (parallelism, gib total and individual bearing clearances and clutch/brake clearances). To have that performed would require a service call by one of our service personnel.